Monday, August 24, 2009

intro and the prayer

Three friends this last week have said, "you should write about this".
So here goes.
The short story-
Fed by years of Quaker worship, Buddhist retreats, transcendental meditation, hours in the woods,hours in the studio, I sought immersion (submersion) into silence.
I found myself at The Forest Refuge in Barre, MA for a month of living in silence in the Buddhist tradition.
I left with a call to create a place of refuge for all seekers, in a univeralist
spirit.
My prayer-
Still Waters is a covenant community nurturing ourselves, each other and the earth through all that is divine, holy, wholly One, and living witness to univeral compassionate love.
I now find myself in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina and holding this prayer as a community of one.
Please join me in prayer, print or place.
Leave a comment.
Blessings,
Robyn

No comments: