Saturday, March 19, 2011

Praying for and with the Earth

Silently

Each time I forgive my heart opens.
It is impossible to pray for one without praying for all.
Every time one heart is lifted, one life is blessed, all are lifted and blessed.
In silence, in the presence of God and spirit I know the Truth.
I pray for all, in danger, in need of Love and Faith.
In silence my heart is free of everything but Love and the heart of the world becomes more loving.
When I rest in stillness and silence I help every lost, hurt and confused being to find peace and love and safety.
Thank You very much.
Then they were glad because they had quiet.
and He had brought them to their desired haven. Psalm 107:30

and with words of Mary Oliver

When I Am Among the Trees

by Mary Oliver

When I am among the trees,

especially the willows and the honey locust,

equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,

they give off such hints of gladness.

I would almost say that they save me, and daily.

I am so distant from the hope of myself

in which I have goodness, and discernment,

and never hurry through the world

but walk slowly, and bow often.

Around me the trees stir in their leaves

and call out, “Stay awhile.”

The light flows from their branches.

And they call again, “It’s simple,” they say,

“and you too have come

into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled

with light, and to shine.”

2 comments:

beverly said...

lovely, thanks for sharing. love

tina said...

That was balm for the soul this morning----- really wonderful! Love & Light!!!!