Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh Ye of Little Faith

Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?...Matthew 6:27
My oldest son is a Hotshot wildfire fighter. I believe he is in the Arizona fires. he doesn't tell me where he is going, or call me when he is back safely to base.
In all my years in this life, never, never, never has worrying done me or anyone else- to my knowledge- any good .
So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today. 6:34
We are all , in are own way, in harms way. And we are all protected through no effort of our own.
My prayer is to bring as much kindness as I can to myself and to all beings.
This takes practice.
I am not going to practice worrying. I've got that one down.

To the Holy Spirit
Oh thou
Far off and here
Whole and Broken.
Who in necessity and in bounty wait.
Who's truth is Light and dark
Mute tho spoken.
By thy wide Grace.
Show me the Narrow gate.

Wendell Berry

No comments: