Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Fathers

I give thanks today to all my Fathers-regardless of gender-and all those who have served as mentors in my life. People who have believed and supported me no matter what.
I also give thanks to all who might be counting on my support and mentorship in this way.
Giving to others returns thanks and honors those who support and guide me.
I am grateful to be a giver and receiver of unconditional love and support.

Dear Father God,
"I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following our will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if i do this you will lead me by the right road through I may know nothing bout it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."

Thomas Merton- Thoughts in Solitude

No comments: