Sunday, September 11, 2022

Reflections on Forgiveness

Sometimes we hurt each other, knowingly or unknowingly.
Sometimes others hurt us.
Sometimes we hurt ourselves.

Hurt is only one possibility in relationship and unless you turn your back on it, not the end.

Facilitating groups, I ask for the first agreement to be forgiveness in advance.
Even with our best intentions, our listening, our compassion, we will create occasions to hurt, to harm, each other  and ourselves.

Then we forgive.
Forgive the past, the present and the future.

Forgiving and remembering and being awake to what was, is and will be.

Forgiveness can be a letting go that you can create a happy past.

Forgiveness- the practice of it, even if you only believe it may happen in the future, lightens and opens the heart to all the possibilities beyond hurt, shame, blame and shoulds.

Forgiveness may not prevent the hurt and harmful behaviors from happening again, and it does prevent the hurt from harming your heart.

Modeling forgiveness helps others who are hurting to forgive. You can do this!
Please, call on the hearts of others when you cannot forgive. We are here to care for each other when we are helpless to help ourselves.

If we have a problem between us-let us listen to each other and open our hearts to tech other that we may be friends

If we cannot hear each other-let us ask friends who can help us to do so, that we may know we are among friends and are not alone in our concerns for one another.

If we as a community cannot hear each other-let us seek help ofd the elders to guide us into unity.

May no one, in any circumstance feel alone, or be cast out without a friend.

As I was taught forgiveness, it is not just a moral guideline, it is a way of life.
I weigh myself down wan I insist on holding on to anger, judgement and blame.

When I choose to forgive, I can walk lighter and more cheerfully and kindly in the world.

There are times, when inspire of my doing my best to listen, and forgive, I do have to cast a person out of my life, in the present moment. I can still pray that, that will change. I can still forgive.

When I hold no enmity in my heart, I can have no enemies.

May all beings be happy.

May all beings be peaceful.

May all beings have felt safety and protection from harm.

May all beings be well in body mind and spirit.

May all being s be free.


Comments and prayer requests always welcomed.




No comments: